Ovulation Test Strip Instructions
The Fertility2Family Ovulation predictor kits (OPK) is a fast and easy-to-use method of predicting ovulation, studies have shown that using fertility kits is the least invasive and most accurate way to find your most fertile window! During this window, pregnancy is most likely to occur. The Fertility2Family Ovulation Test Strip detects the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) surge which occurs 12 to 48 hours before ovulation, signalling the best time to have intercourse to achieve pregnancy.
When to Begin Testing for ovulation?
First, you must determine the length of your menstrual cycle. This is the number of days from the first day of your menstrual bleeding to the day before your next bleeding begins again. Please refer to the chart below to determine when you should start testing.
If your cycle is shorter than 21 days or longer than 38 days, consult your doctor. If you do not know your cycle length, you may begin testing 11 days after your first period, as the average cycle length is 28 days. Perform 1 test each day over a 5 day period or until the LH surge has been detected.
Urine Collection for testing
• Collect urine in a small clean container.
• Do not use a first-morning urine sample as LH is normally made in your body early in the morning.
• The best time to collect your urine is between 10 am-8 pm.
• Collect urine at approximately the same time each day.
• Reduce liquid intake approximately 2 hours before collecting your urine as a diluted sample can prevent the ovulation test from detecting your LH surge.
Ovulation Test Strip Instructions
1. Allow the sealed ovulation predictor kit pouch and your urine sample to reach room temperature (18-30 degrees).
2. Remove the OPK device from the sealed pouch.
3. Immerse the OPK into the urine with the arrow end pointing towards the urine. Do not immerse past the MAX (MAXIMUM) line. Take the strip out after 15 seconds and lay the strip flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent surface.
Interpretation The Results
While you are waiting for your results, you may notice a coloured solution moving across the windows. This is normal. Positive ovulation results may be observed in as short as 40 seconds. However, to confirm negative results, a complete reaction time of 10 minutes is required. To determine your results, compare the colour intensity of the test line to the control line as follows:
Negative Ovulation Test: (No LH surge) Only one colour band appears on the control region or the test line is lighter than the control line.
Positive OPK: (LH Surge) If two colour lines are visible and the test line is equal to or darker than the control line, you will likely ovulate in the next 12-48 hours.
Invalid Ovulation Test: If a control line does not appear, the test is invalid. Insufficient specimen volume or incorrect test performance is the most likely reason. This can be caused by not holding the test strip in the urine for at least 5 seconds or by dipping past the MAX line. Repeat the test with a new test kit and using the Ovulation Test Instructions.
Ovulation Predictor kit FAQs
The OPK Test Line is not as dark as the Control Line, am I ovulating?
Unlike pregnancy tests, ovulation test strips are not considered to be positive unless the test line is as dark as the control line.
What should I do if I have a very light Test Line on my ovulation test?
This may mean you are coming up to your LH surge or coming down from it. It is possible to get a very light line on your test at any stage during your cycle. It is only considered positive if it is as dark or darker than the control line.
Will the amounts of liquid I drink affect the result?
Yes, a large intake of fluids before testing will dilute the luteinizing hormone in your urine. It is recommended you limit your fluid intake about two hours before performing the test.
How long will the OPK line remain visible?
Ovulation Test results should be read at 5 – 10 minutes for best results. A positive result will never disappear. The colour of the line may become darker and a tinted background may appear after several hours. Some negative results may later display a faint test line due to evaporation from the testing zone. Therefore, you should not read the results after 10 minutes and discard the test once you have read the result.
When should you have intercourse after LH surge?
Ovulation is likely to occur within 12 to 48 hours. As this is your most fertile time, sexual intercourse is recommended if you are trying to conceive.
How accurate is the Fertility2Family Ovulation Test Strip?
In laboratory studies, the Fertility2Family Ovulation Test Strip has been proved to be greater than 99% accurate. Our Ovulation Strip Tests sensitivity to luteinizing hormone (LH) of 25mIU/ml
I am using a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer to determine ovulation. Do Fertility2Family Ovulation Tests replace the need for BBT tracking?
The shift in BBT primarily indicates ovulation has already occurred. Whereas the Fertility2Family Ovulation Test Strip indicates that ovulation is about to occur, and thus we recommend using these two methods in conjunction. You can buy your Basal Body Temperature Thermometer here
How do I know if I am pregnant?
Complete a Fertility2Family Pregnancy Test. These tests are so sensitive you can begin testing from 7 days before your period is even due! You can buy Fertility2Family Pregnancy Tests Although testing can commence immediately after ovulation, the detection of pregnancy becomes more reliable at or after the first day of the missed period.
I received an ovulation positive result and had intercourse during these fertile days, but I have not become pregnant. What shall I do?
Many factors can affect your ability to become pregnant. It can take normal, healthy couples many months to achieve a pregnancy. We recommend continuing the use of Fertility2Family Ovulation Tests and if pregnancy is not achieved within 6 to 12 months contact your doctor.
What type of container can I use to collect urine?
Any clean container can be used to collect urine. Can purchase our specific urine collection cups which are great to use with LH predictor kit and home pregnancy tests.
Ovulation Test Instructions
Each pouch contains one ovulation test strip and one desiccant.
STORAGE & STABILITY
Ovulation Tests Stored at normal room temperature (4-25⁰C) up to the expiration date. The test Ovulation Tests (OPK) should be kept from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Do not freeze. Shelf life is 18 months.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS
• As with all diagnostic tests, a definitive diagnostic should not be based on the result of a single test, but should be made by a physician after all clinical and laboratory findings have been evaluated.
• Read Ovulation kit Instructions for use carefully before performing this Ovulation Test. Pay attention to the position of the Test and Control line on the ovulation strip test.
• Do not use the OPK beyond the labelled expiry date.
• Do not reuse the LH preditor kit devices. Discard product after a single-use.
• Do not touch the membrane located within the test panel.
• Do not use the LH Strip test if the pouch is damaged or open.
• The Ovulation Test should be used immediately after opening the pouch.
Prolonged exposure to ambient humidity will cause product deterioration.
• Treat urine samples and used devices as if they are potentially infectious. Avoid contact.
• Discard desiccant safely.
• Some medications can affect the result of the Ovulation predictor kits. Please consult your healthcare professional if you are taking any medications.
Buy our Ovulation Tests in packs of;
Ovulation Strip Tests Instructions also available for download