Start testing from 7 days past ovulation! Fertility2Family Pregnancy Test Strips are a fast, reliable and easy-to-use method of detecting pregnancy. Fertility2Family Pregnancy Test Strips detect the hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin) hormone, which is a hormone produced by the placenta after the fertilised egg adheres to the uterus wall.
How to Perform a Home Pregnancy Test
Always be sure to read the instructions that accompany the pregnancy test carefully before use.
- Collect urine in a small urine collection cup.
- Remove the HTP test strip from the foil wrapper. Always try to hold the coloured end of the test, avoiding contact with the absorbent end.
- Immerse the strip vertically into the urine with the arrow end pointing towards the urine. Do not immerse past the MAX (maximum) line.
- After 15 seconds, remove the strip from the urine. Lay the test flat on a non-absorbent, dry, clean surface.
- Leave the test for 3 minutes; after this period, the results will be ready to read. Do not interpret test results after 5 minutes.
- Discard the test device after a single use.
Interpreting the Pregnancy Test Results
The pregnancy test should contain instructions on how to best interpret the results.
Negative: If only one coloured line appears in the control area, the test is negative, and you can assume you are not pregnant.
Positive: If two coloured lines appear in the control and test areas, the pregnancy test is positive, and you can assume you are pregnant.
Invalid: If the test is invalid due to a distinct pink-purple-coloured band visible both in the test and control areas. It is recommended that you should re-test using a new test strip. If the problem persists, contact Fertility2Family.
Keep in mind that false negative and false positive test results can occur. If you believe you are pregnant but still record a negative result, consider waiting a few days before testing again. Alternatively, you can visit your healthcare provider for a blood test or ultrasound.
If, on the other hand, you receive a positive result but believe it’s unlikely you’re pregnant, it’s a good idea to speak to your doctor as soon as possible.
Pregnancy Test Strip Instructions FAQs
When Can I Start Testing for Pregnancy?
There is no need to wait until you have missed your period to begin testing. You can test as early as seven days past ovulation, or 5-7 days before your expected period. When testing early, try to use first-morning urine to ensure the concentration of hCG is at its highest.
How Accurate Is the Fertility2Family Pregnancy Test Strip?
Fertility2Family’s pregnancy tests are sensitive to hCG at 10mIU/ml, making them one of the most sensitive on the market.
What Should I Do if I Get a Positive Pregnancy Test Result?
You should make an appointment to see your doctor to confirm the pregnancy and begin prenatal care.
What Should I Do if I Get a Negative HPT Result?
A negative result indicates that the hCG hormone was not detected in your urine, and you are unlikely to be pregnant. If your period is late, we suggest you re-test; if this test is also negative, we recommend contacting your doctor.
The Test Line Is Not As Dark as the Control Line. Am I Pregnant?
You are pregnant even if a very light test line is detected. A pregnancy test is positive if a second line contains pink dye in the test panel. Our Pregnancy Test Strip instructions help alleviate any stress from testing at home and will confirm up to 7 days past ovulation that you are pregnant.
What Can I Do to Increase My Chances of Falling Pregnant?
It would help if you determined when you are ovulating, as this is your most fertile window. Using Fertility2Family Ovulation Test Strips or our Basal Body Temperature (BBT) thermometer, you can determine your most fertile window and dramatically increase your chances of falling pregnant.
You may also find our affordable Sperm Friendly Lubricant helpful. This Conceive Plus lubricant has been scientifically formulated to match fertile cervical fluid and sperm, enhance sexual activity, and increase the likelihood of conception.
Each pouch contains one pregnancy test kit and one desiccant.
STORAGE & STABILITY
Stored at normal room temperature (4-25⁰C) up to the expiration date.
The test midstream should be kept from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Do not freeze. Shelf life is 18 months.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS
- As with all diagnostic tests, a definitive diagnostic should not be based on a single test result. Reading the Pregnancy Test Strip instructions before using and having results checked by a doctor after evaluating all clinical and laboratory findings
- Read directions for use carefully before performing this home pregnancy test. Pay attention to the position of the test and control line.
- Do not use it beyond the labelled expiry date.
- Do not reuse the pregnancy test strip. Discard the product after a single use.
- Do not touch the membrane located within the test panel.
- Do not use it if the pouch is damaged or open.
- The device should be used immediately after opening the pouch. Prolonged exposure to ambient humidity will cause product deterioration.
- Treat urine samples and use devices as if they are potentially infectious. Avoid contact.
- Discard the desiccant safely.
Medications and Pregnancy Tests
Medications containing the pregnancy hormone (hCG) can affect the test result. Please consult your healthcare professional if you are taking any medications. Due to high sensitivity in the Fertility2Family Pregnancy Tests (10mIU), the detection of hCG in the urine from a menopausal or perimenopausal woman may not indicate pregnancy. Still, it may represent the detection of pituitary hCG and indicates that the positive interpretation requires repeat testing by a laboratory-based method to confirm pregnancy.
Chemical pregnancies and pregnancy tests
Due to the high sensitivity of Fertility2Family pregnancy tests (10mIU), it is possible to detect a pregnancy that may be non-viable if tested before the first day of the missed period (often referred to as a chemical pregnancy). The reliability of the result will increase by, or after, the first day of the missed period. Contact our team today if you have questions about our products and test results.
Fertility2Family is passionate about ensuring tour customers can access affordable, accurate pregnancy tests. We know that the cost of growing your family can quickly add up, and with that in mind, we aim to offer bulk pregnancy test kits at low prices.
Our pregnancy tests are available to purchase in sets of:
Pregnancy Test Strip Instructions
Instructions are also available for download.
If you need any further convincing of the quality of our products, read our customer reviews on our Pregnancy Strip tests, Midstream Pregnancy tests, Ovulation Strip tests, Midstream Ovulation tests & Basal Body Thermometer (BBT)
Our highly sensitive cheap pregnancy tests will give you quick, reliable results without the fuss. Begin testing up to seven days before your period is due.
Evan is the founder of Fertility2Family and is passionate about fertility education & providing affordable products to help people in their fertility journey. Evan is a qualified enrolled nurse and has expertise in guiding & managing patients through their fertility journeys.